Collections Case Handler in Preston, Lancashire (Full Time)
Are You Owed Money Ltd (AYOM) is an award winning Debt Recovery Company based in Preston that provides professional and efficient collection services to clients recovering primarily business debts.
Applications are invited for a Collections Case Handler to support our office-based debt collection team. This role is an exciting opportunity to join a successful and expanding company with an extensive and growing client base. The role involves working within a very fast paced, professional and results-driven environment, and will be based at our office in Preston.
WHAT THE ROLE OFFERS
If you are ambitious and hungry - maybe you have experience in credit control - looking for an exciting new challenge with high rewards and uncapped commission, then this could be the position for you. Achievable OTE of £25-£30k.
Working in a friendly environment - alongside an excellent Collections Team - you will be responsible for working with our customers and their debtors to understand their situation, using mediation and negotiation skills to resolve outstanding payment issues. This job is for those that like a challenge, for which you will be well rewarded.
WHAT'S IN IT FOR YOU?
- £19,000 - £21,000 with OTE 25-30k
- Increment to £19,500 after successful probation period
- Great earning potential from uncapped commission
- Commission paid monthly
Generous incentives: early Friday finish, hybrid working (following successful probation period), casual dress, free onsite parking, friendly and supportive team environment, Employee Assistance Programme for 24/7 wellbeing support, great place to work with competitive salary.
WHAT THE ROLE ENTAILS
- There is no dialling system in place for this role.
- Managing a caseload on behalf of the Company’s customers.
- Helping customers by making outbound calls to debtors to negotiate, settle cases and obtain payment on account.
- Keeping customers updated on case progress and obtain information necessary for successful collection and effective service.
- Acting as mediator between customer and debtor.
- Tracing debtors and maintaining up-to-date information on case files.
- Complying with all GDPR and regulatory guidance and requirements.
- Working with customers and debtors to manage disputes by understanding the details of the case and looking for opportunities to resolve issues.
- Liaising with third parties, such as liquidators, solicitors, police and nominated parties.
- Maintaining the company's CRM system to manage cases and diary, ensuring contact is made on each case in line with the company's service standards.
- To achieving and exceed personal and departmental KPIs/targets
WHAT WE NEED FROM YOU
- Excellent communication skills and a professional manner
- Good verbal, negotiation, written and numeracy skills.
- Good organisational skills and attention to detail.
- You must be financially motivated.
- Strong interpersonal skills to be able to deal with people at all levels.
- A flexible attitude and the ability to adapt to change.
Role: Collections Case Handler
Location: Preston, Lancashire
Job Type: permanent, full-time role.
Salary: from £19,000 per year, OTE of 25k-30k.
Apply now by emailing over your CV to Marie Mitchell, Head of Training & Development: email@example.com