That’s it everybody. Another year and another BIBAs experience for AYOM. While our second outing may not have brought us an award, the company are very proud once more. The company bested our single finalist status last year with 2 this time around. The BIBAs is an incredibly important benchmarking tool for AYOM and doubling our final entries shows good progress.
The winners circle
We’d like to say huge congratulations to everybody who made it to the finals this year. The competition is always intense with so many standout Lancashire businesses. We’d like to say well done in particular to Tharsten and Hoofcount who won the medium and growth business categories respectively.
In full, your list of winners this year include:
- Lancastrian of the Year – Ann Dean DL
- Most Inspiring Young Person of the Year – Tayla Reynolds
- New Business of the Year – Nutree Life
- Engineering Business of the Year – Cutting Edge Services
- Exporter of the Year – Evans Vanodine International
- Digital & Marketing Business of the Year – Learn Live
- Employer of the Year – Connect Childcare
- Green Business of the Year – GA Pet Foods
- Family Business of the Year – Cummins Mellor
- Professional Services Business of the Year – David Cox Architects
- Manufacturer of the Year – Scorpion Automotive
- Micro Business of the Year – Hoofcount
- Construction Business of the Year – Anderton Gables
- Leisure & Tourism Business of the Year – Hallmark Hotel Preston
- Third Sector Business of the Year – Pendleside Hospice
- Service Business of the Year – Sunshine Events
- Small Business of the Year – Nextday Freight
- Medium Business of the Year – Tharstern
- Growth Business of the Year – Hoofcount
- Business of the Year – Roccia
Speaking about the BIBAs experience, AYOM’s Managing Director reviewed the evening. “Of course we are disappointed to not walk away with an award. With that said however we always find the BIBAs vital in our own self review process. We are growing as evidence by moving from small business to medium business this past year. We have aspirations to be a stand out company and by taking part in the BIBAs, we can do that. We won’t be deterred by the result but will look at where we can improve and hopefully win over the panels next year. We look forward to beginning the process again next time around.”
A bonding experience
A group of AYOM representatives attended the night at Blackpool tower. It was a chance to celebrate departmental success and that was the case as the team reminisced about the process. General Manager Marie was very proud of all involved.
“It’s hard sometimes as we can’t have the entire company here to take it all in, but we will make sure we communicate how much we value everybody involved. Each department under our senior managers has to work well for us to achieve our goals. Regardless of seniority, without amazing staff to carry out our work, we won’t make it here.”
“I and a number of the senior managers bonded through successes our teams had over the year and why that made us a stronger company than last year. Our only regret is not having better news for them on the Monday but we will keep trying and we will keep improving. We don’t overlook those who allowed us to attend these awards.”
Time for action
With the curtain dropped on this year’s BIBAs, it’s time to turn towards improvement. The hard work over the last year has helped the company in all areas from brand to efficiency to internal HR practices. Between now and the BIBAs 2020, AYOM will set new objectives and look to increase our standing in the North West business community.
If you’d like to be a part of that growth and want to join thousands of fellow AYOM clients, you can get in touch by calling 0800 130 3357. You can also email email@example.com to get in touch with our amazing team. If you are looking for assistance with credit control relating to business or personal debt, you can rely on AYOM.
While we may not be BIBA award winning yet, we are award winning via established industry bodies. Let’s hope next year we can add a Be Inspired Business Award to that list.